Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Trying to contact a merchant (the creator of the virtual backlot series)

aeilkema opened this issue on Sep 26, 2007 · 17 posts

Acadia posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 1:26 PM

I wish they hadn't taken the ability to email members away from us. I can appreciate why they felt a need to do it, but it's grossy inconvenient and penalizes all of us because of the actions of a few, which I don't agree with at all.

They did give the ability to people to  "opt in" to receive notification of PM's but that doesn't help if the person hasn't logged in here for any period of time and therefore don't know that they have a PM waiting for them.  It should have been turned on to send ebots automatically with the option for those who don't want it to turn it off. This way those people we have been waiting weeks and weeks to get hold of, would know that they have messages waiting.

Anyway, he hasn't posted anything in his gallery in ages, but you might try leaving a comment for him in one of his gallery images.

While sending a PM to the person won't give them an ebot notice of a PM waiting for them, most have previously set their gallery settings to receive ebots on gallery comments. Ask him to check for his private messages. That should reach him.

Here is an image of his, his most recent from 2004.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=604255&member

That posting in the gallery idea just came to me. I decided to try that for a few people that I've been trying to contact and haven't heard from for weeks and months. 

A shame that we have to resort to using the gallery as a means to get an email through to someone though.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi