Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Q about sharecg

judee3d opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 ยท 39 posts

judee3d posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 4:26 AM

Well, I can sort of see your point - I was not aware that SGC were already taking 50% - lol, I guess I'm rather naive. But then, I also have no idea what bandwidth costs at that level, with so many users, etc. I just hope they remain aware that a buggy, slow site isn't going to help anyone.

Matrix, I understand you wanting to get income, heck, your freebies used to be store items, I think it's very generous of you to even attempt this. I truly hope you get what you need from your portion.

And I hope they do keep a watch out and get rid of those bots, and the members generating them! Not fair! Not only in terms of pay-per-view or whatever, but in terms of using up precious bandwidth. That alone might clear things up a bit.

I really don't care about the money, for me, when I make a freebie, I want it to be free and accessible to others. If the place is too slow, I'll just keep them on my site once it's back up - but that means I'll be limited in how much I can give away. So I really hope they get things stabilized. It looks like they are trying, and that is the important thing.

Knowing they are working on it and attentive to the probelms can build confidence. So we'll see how it goes - if I ever can get anything uploaded, that is.