Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What happened to Odd Ditty Foundary?

Acadia opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 · 39 posts

Penguinisto posted Fri, 28 September 2007 at 8:49 AM

Quote - Daz makes it's money based on volume. PAs (or content creators) have FAR fewer items available for slae, so they have to make thier money up based on volume AND profitabiliy. 

DAZ has the traffic, too... much higher than Rendo's, and most folks go there with the intention of buying something. Makes a huge diff. Content Paradise was originally created with the intention of unseating DAZ (prolly in response to D|S being built). As for Steve (Dark Whisper)? I remember when he sold his first item way the hell back when... I think the reason he's been hating it for sales is two-fold: 1) his site was in South Africa (still is, IIRC), a place which has always had lag problems overall... not his specific host's fault, but the whole nation is kinda bottlenecked, infrastructure-wise. 2) his site ain't as widely marketed or well-known as DAZ. Rendo, CP, etc. In short - even though I like the independent spirit he'd shown in doing it, he prolly should've stuck with consignment (or at he could've at least put more effort into marketing the site). His items were pretty revolutionary for the time, polished, unique, and they simply worked as advertised. I don't disagree that niche figures don't sell as well, but I've never heard of Ugh! until I saw you mention it... which could be part of the problem. /P