Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What happened to Odd Ditty Foundary?

Acadia opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 ยท 39 posts

Penguinisto posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 2:06 PM

Quote - Hey Pengy... didja also find Poserpros there as well, or is that daz traffic slipt between daz and poser pros?

Actually, yep - since Poserpros resolves to "poserpros.daz3d.com", it's counted as DAZ traffic and listed there. > Quote - hey Pengy... some people are seeing much different traffic statistics with Alexa... can you do the same, and see what you come up with based on th einfo you used at quantcast?

Dunno - I hadn't looked beyond the two sites (I liked how quantcast broke their numbers down, which is why I pointed at them). Here's what Alexa coughs up for... DAZ Renderosity Content Paradise (Again - simply using Poser.exe may influence this). The search field at the center-top of the page can take you everywhere else. -- > Quote - Precise traffic numbers across the web are a matter of vigorous -- sometimes verbally violent -- debate

Indeed - and it's a very imprecise science. The QuantCast numbers seem pretty solid from experience, though I suspect that those sites which participate in it directly tend to get "better" numbers (since there would be less statistical extrapolation involved). OTOH, those sites which participate can also 'tweak' their scripts to get bigger numbers as well. They do however mate up with Alexa's stats fairly well. It gives me an idea, though... :) /P