Forum: Freestuff

Subject: Q about sharecg

judee3d opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 · 39 posts

MatrixWorkz posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 10:59 AM

I've just gotten up after less than 4 hours sleep because I was tracing their DNS til early this morning. I have already emailed them with what I found. Their IP address is not resolving to just their site but also it's previous site. THIS is what's causing all the muckups and it will have to be fixed by their hosting service. There's nothing Jake or David can do themselves except place the call to their host and try to get the DNS cleared up. There's nothing wrong with their software. It's a DNS issue. Currently it's pointing to two completely different sites. This is why some people can reach it and some people can not.

As we all know , they only opened the site a few months ago and apparently GoDaddy, the hosts who they bought their hosting package from, didn't properly clear the DNS Nameserver information for the IP address they assigned to ShareCG before giving it to them. This can be fixed, it will just take some time to either get a new IP address for the site or clear up the current one.

My Freebies