Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What happened to Odd Ditty Foundary?

Acadia opened this issue on Sep 25, 2007 · 39 posts

ynsaen posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 2:39 PM

I'm grinning, but that's as much as I'll let my ego get involved there, lol.

Yes, I'm looking for something to pay the basic bills of my life because I have some medical costs associated with my life at present that I need to pay for over the next year.

Once I've got that (which, until this medical stuff kicked in, Poser work was paying for), ODF will be back, including all the products I had made for it, which is why products of ODF's that are currently elsewhere are still available aren't "exclusives".

ODF isn't down because the market was tough.  I want to make that quite clear.  ODF did really well.  It kept a roof over my head and put food in my belly -- which is good enough for me. It wasn't giving me a lot of extra's, mind you, and one has to be obsessive about the business and the art of it to really make a go of it, as well as find a balance between the popular and personal, the consigned and brokered and held tightly.

The market is tough -- but ODF's going down was because I'm having a tough time of it myself -- and once I'm back online, you can bet that ODF will be back as well -- so look to get ditty with it again soon.

One of the most important things one can do in this biz is to keep going -- you need to have two to three new items a week, consistently and consecutively, in order to stay in the game.  By managing and balancing your projects -- which I didn't always do as well as I should have, especially when the bills got big or I got sick -- you can make a decent little income, if you are dedicated enough to it.

You won't get rich unlessw you are as prolific and genius heavy as some of the incredible creators out there, but it doesn't matter if you sell through DAZ, through Rendo, Through PP, or on your own -- like anything else, if you learn all there is to learn about your craft and pursue it with passion and competence, you'll make it.

Oh, and, just before I went into the program last year, ODF was getting 6K unique's from the US market (and another 3 K from outside), which given we didn't sell the "typical" super hot stuff should give an idea.  And about a third of my sales (personally) were from people outside the community.

Lastly, regarding the survey, it will return again -- I'm still committed to the open sharing of information and kinowledge for the betterment of everyone.

So hugs to all, raspberries to some, and evil grins to others from a coffee shop in Phoenix. Been a pretty wild ride so far and it's only gonna get more interesting :D

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)