Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some thoughts on textures for V2

soulhuntre opened this issue on May 31, 2001 ยท 14 posts

Jaager posted Thu, 31 May 2001 at 6:21 PM

Eyebrows: for almost a year, I had a series of textures and transmaps for the UpperEyebrows at Morph World. I included instructions and invited those with more skill to do me better. There was not one instance of response, positive or negative. A wasted effort it seems. As far as a match at the neck, wrists, middle of the head and ankles: the resolution on the two sides of the matchup are different. Even if you clone an identical texture on either side, there will be a noticable difference. The concentration of pixels applied is different because of the way it is mapped. I am not saying that DAZ used an identical texture on either side at the neck. I have not looked closely yet. But even if they had, there would be some difference. A mismatch between the head and body is not an infrequent occurance. PP8 has an excellent clone function. Blending can be done. Perhaps the texture artist at DAZ expects you to use a base color adjustment for the matchup. If you go very easy on it, not too much detail in the texture is obsured.