Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: semi-OT - What others are saying about Vista elsewhere

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Oct 07, 2007 ยท 71 posts

pakled posted Sun, 07 October 2007 at 11:35 AM

I'm in a strange position. Been studying Vista online (about the 6th course so far), and it's got some good, some bad..it seems a bit intrusive in spots (lots of ties directly to MS for gadgets, etc)
I know someone who has Vista, and I've seen it in use, but aside from some bells and whistles (transparent 'windows'? ok...;) it's just another OS. In fact, until I got the @#$% automatic update turned off for Win 2k (a line in an ini file somewhere..;), some of the same features were starting to creep into that...

It's a non-issue for me right now, because my 5-year-old PC doesn't have the cojones to even boto the sucker (15gig needed for the OS? Is that code bloat or what?..;)

There are always those who have to puff themselves up with the latest thing, and disparage anyone who doesn't. I remember the original comments up above could have been said about
Poser 5, Vicky4, etc..;) If I went to Vista (and bought a new computer, which is what it would take..;) it would be my (lessee...Dos 2.1.,3.1.,5, ....carry the nine...11th operating system I've used...not counting Linux...;) I agree with the dreaded 'point oh' bit, and I can wait until the bugs are worked out..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)