Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: semi-OT - What others are saying about Vista elsewhere

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Oct 07, 2007 · 71 posts

XENOPHONZ posted Sun, 07 October 2007 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, Linux gets a mention in that NewTek thread, too.

I remember all of the yelling back when XP first hit the market -- I didn't agree with the naysayers back then.  And after awhile: it seemed that pretty much everyone eventually happily jumped onto the XP bandwagon.

Not so thus far with Vista -- it's about the most argued-over OS that I've ever seen.  Some users report that Vista works better than anything else ever has for them; while others claim that Vista destroyed their lives.

Frankly, I have to admit that I'm at something of a loss on this one.  I know that PC users will eventually be forced -- kicking and screaming in some cases -- to go over to whatever Microsoft cares to feed the majority of us with.

Right now, XP is working fine for me.  For now.  I don't hate anything & everything from Microsoft just because it's from Microsoft -- but Vista is too controversial to encourage me to head in that direction just yet.  If it was just a few whiners going on about it -- that would be one thing.  But not when the negative vs. positive comments ratio seems to run 60%-40% on the average.  With 60% being the negative.

Something To Do At 3:00AM