Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Best Graphics Tablet

muller252 opened this issue on Oct 02, 2007 ยท 28 posts

deci6el posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 12:11 AM

muller252, I'm sure you've figured out by now, there is no right answer to your question until more specific needs start to define what "best" might mean to you. For years I used a 24" x 24" tablet and swore that it was the only way. My criteria was that I was doing a lot of painting and needed it for those big "expressive" strokes. Time went by and for a while I had no tablet. When i got one, desk space was at a premium and I was stuck with a small tablet. I don't do much "wild" painting anymore so the small (6x8) tablet has never cramped my style. I always believed a smaller tablet would not be accurate or allow for good details. So, far that has not been the case. Hawkfyr's tablet does seem like it would be too small, especially for a two monitor set up and the Graphire is a lower resolution tablet, I believe. Unless you are painting or using the tablet as your main interface control the majority of the time it doesn't seem that big tablets make practical sense anymore. I would love to hear someone explain real reasons why I might need to go back to a big tablet. Why? Because if it were true I'd want to know.