Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Some thoughts on textures for V2

soulhuntre opened this issue on May 31, 2001 ยท 14 posts

BAM posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 12:47 PM

Jaager, I think there are a number of reasons you didn't get many responses. First until recently textures and transmaps for the UpperEyebrows were not that important. With the release of V2 and those ugly default caterpillars people have had to come up with a replacement. Second, I don't believe Morphworld has the traffic of a place like this. I would not have thought of going there for eyebrow textures. In addition, I don't think that people have gotten to the point of understanding how to deal with morphs and thus have found little reason to go there. We need better manuals and more tutorials! Third, I think people are having great difficulty working with textures and transmaps. If you look at the messages on this board you'd find that a great number deal with how to apply them and what settings within the renderer to use to make them look good. Artists offer these things up, but fail to provide documentation as to how to use them to their greatest effect. So people either don't download them or download them and let them take up hard drive space Fourth, storage and retrieval of textures, transmaps, bumpmaps, props, figures is an absolute nightmare. Fifth, I think artists (and others) tend to have high expectations for acknowledgement of their contributions (I'm not being critical, simply providing an observation). Poser hobbyists tend to download and use within their own hobby world and not display their work. Your effort is never "wasted" if it has intrinsic value to you. Please add me to the list of someone who'd be interested in downloading these textures and transmaps.