Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Southern California Fires, hope rendo people are okay!

Conniekat8 opened this issue on Oct 22, 2007 · 75 posts

Cinnamon369 posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 2:17 PM

Hi Everyone. We are down in the south county. If you know the area we are on the silver strand. The air seems much better today and even opened a window to get some air in. It was nice to see the sky this morning. Hope all of you are ok and doing good, be safe!!!  

We were in a pretty safe area as far as the fires go. We did get the smoke and ash from the harris fire. It's at about 50% containment last I checked. Still crossing our fingers for the people on the east side of the fire

The people here have really pulled together during this. It is truely inspiring to see how generous the people and business's here have been.  

I was here for the fires in 2003 as well and this time around there were many more fires, much larger and wider spread. Was in the Lemon Grove area back in 2003.

We have had serious drought condiditions for a few years. I believe they said this year is the dryest in 130 years. I know on CNN you are seeing mostly fancy houses and such but I assure you, many ranchers,  farms and regular folks were hard hit by this. The local coverage is covering those aspects better.

Thanks again to you all for your kind thoughts and wishes for everyone in this area! (((HUGS)))

Marianne and Family