Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: 3D Celebrities continued-mystery solved

Talos opened this issue on Oct 26, 2007 ยท 15 posts

R_Hatch posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 7:32 PM

Sorry if this steps on any toes, but my take on the whole celebrity morph thing is this: if you aren't sure who it is by looking at the picture, then it's not really that good of a likeness. For example, Fygomatic could name his Jessica Alba character "Joseph Benson", but it would still be blatantly obvious that it's Jessica Alba.

IMNSHO, the Mandy character strongly resembles Britney's early look. One might mistakenly think it's a Jessica Simpson character, but even that's not too far off the mark. OTOH, "Belle" is a very good likeness of...V4 with blonde hair. If anything, she looks like someone used creative camera angles and existing morphs to make her look slightly like Sara Michelle Gellar. I would actually consider buying Belle, since the textures look superb. I just don't consider her to be a very convincing celebrity likeness.

Disclaimer: I'm very good at discerning faces in real life, so slight differentation from what my brain considers to be a given person's known appearance (makeup effects excluded) throws up the "that don't look like 'em" flag for me :) I'm probably in the upper 10-20% as far as this ability is concerned.