Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Realism Tip - Use the Ambient_Occlusion node

bagginsbill opened this issue on Oct 25, 2007 · 273 posts

bagginsbill posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 2:43 PM

> Quote - > How would you set up the above if you have a texture already plugged in to the diffuse color node?  I know you mentioned something about a math node (mulitply) above, but I'm having trouble understanding it written out.  Could you provide a visual? 

The setup you quoted in your question didn't use the Diffuse_Color input. It used the Diffuse_Value input. That's the input that affects brightness while leaving color alone.

The next one I showed, not the one you quoted, had the shadow color trick and was plugged into the Diffuse_Color input instead, because I wanted to change brightness and color.

Which are you asking about really - something already in Diffuse_Color or something already in Diffuse_Value?

I guess it doesn't matter that much. In either case, whatever was already there would be plugged into both of the Blender inputs. This way, the entire Blender is multiplied with the original color or number. Attached is an example.

Or, you could use an additional node Math_Functions:Multiply (for Diffuse_Value) or Color_Math:Multiply (for Diffuse_Color) to multiply the original texture or number with the blender. But just jamming the original into the Blender inputs produces the same results. It looks slightly simpler (one less node) but in the math behind the scenes it's a tiny bit more work for Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)