Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: will Gimbal Lock resurrect Einstein?

ockham opened this issue on Nov 03, 2007 · 100 posts

SamTherapy posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 9:58 AM

Quote - Whilst I don't agre with all - in fact, most - of what Freud said, to call him a fraud is a little unfair. Given the relative infancy of the field of psychology, perhaps it's better to compare him to the greek philosopher-scientists: beginning to give shape to a model of how our brains work, which could be updated and rewritten as more concrete details became known. If you compare Aristotle's theories to today's sciences, then they're a joke - far too simplistic and in some places, just plain wrong. Similarly with Pythagoras, who taught the transmigration of souls along with his mathematical discoveries. But if you accept that it was just the foundation for others to come along and build upon, improving with each generation, then Freud can be seen as something more than just 'fried fraud'.

I do like the alliteration there, though. :)

JonTheCelt

I agree with you for the most part.  What I don't like is the doctrinaire approach to psychology and psychiatric medicine that most doctors in that part of medicine seem to have.  Rather than use the whole range of theories and approaches they tend to stick with one with an almost relilgious zeal.  At least, that's been my experience.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery