Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 ยท 245 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 2:14 PM

This is what it should look like after you load your skin color and your color sampler.

So let's talk about the parameters.

Stocking_Color: This should be obvious - what color are the stockings?

Denier: Real life stockings talk about Denier which is a measure of how dense the material is. I've tried to make this parameter work close to real life.

A rough rule of thumb for Denier is:

Sheer fashion hosiery: 5 to 15 (most real ones come as 7, 10, or 15)
Panyhose: 20 to 40
Tights: 40 to 80

Sheerness: I've rolled up a bunch of physical characteristics into this one parameter. It captures the difference between opaque materials like cotton, versus in-between like silk, to highly translucent and shiny materials like nylon. So sheerness will take all this into account. A rough rule of thumb for Sheerness is:

Matte = 20
Soft = 40
Sheer = 60
Super Sheer = 80
Ultra Sheer = 100

Of course you can use any numbers in between for these two parameters. I'm just giving you a few key values to keep in mind.

Finally there is Glitter. This will make little sparkly highlights. This also follows a 100 point scale, but you can turn it even higher. Note that for the best glitter, use a Render setting Min Shading Rate = .2. Values of .5 are faster but not as fine. If you're not using glitter, Shading Rate = 1 is fine, as long as the rest of your scene is ok with that, too.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)