Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why haven't we seen at least Shows in tv made with Poser?

tebop opened this issue on Nov 15, 2007 ยท 30 posts

momodot posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 11:32 AM

This won't be popular to say, but maybe the problem is that facial expressions on Poser models haven't recieved a scintilla the attention of the nuanced hyper-breasts :)

You could do a whole film without textures and as a z-toon. Almost all my commercial work with Poser was done that way. It may not be a powerfull enough app for CGI realism but look at South Park! That was done with construction paper cut outs!

I wish I could find footage I have read about that recorded this upstate New York classic professor who used to stage the Greek tragedies single handedly using ragdoll marionets. He thought that on an intimate scale it was more faithfull to the original ampitheatre productions then using live actors. I love that kind of chutzpah. I have a whole VHS of this guy who shot films on a Fisher Price toy cam in the 90's that recorded in black and white on those old audio tapes!!! Good stuff.

I think low tech rules. But Poser would need lower resolution characters maybe with swapable hands and heads for "insert" shots :)