Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help me understand why people say V3 is better than v4?

tebop opened this issue on Nov 15, 2007 · 27 posts

momodot posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 12:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - The only thing I don't like about V4 is her eyes.  I wish all the parts were mapped together like on V3's eyes.  V3's eyes look a lot better, IMO.

Remap them, it's not difficult at all.

There are wonderful add-on replacement eyes available such as the ones by Preditron3D which is worth buying for the MATs which have shadow and eyewhite features I have not seen elsewhere, but you can just spawn one of V3's eyes as a prop and use replace body part with prop to do the transplant... or just turn off visibility on the figure's eye and keep the V3 eyes as parented props as I do. You can use Morph Manager to move the morphs over to the prop by temporarily changing the file suffix to ".cr2" and changing it back to ".pp2" when you are done. I also use V3 prop eyelashes from Freestuff and a morphing prop teeth I made from Aiko 3 for close-ups.

I think the V4 body is very toon, derived from Aiko 3 which is actually more realistic. The head is expresive but has a very funny eyes and nose and looks much younger than V3. As always, the trouble in modifying Daz figures to look distinctive is the nostril opening shape. I use V3 for older women and SP3 for realistic figures and V4 for younger figures. I still use V2 when I have a lot of stuff in a scene and VickyPreteen morphed to an adult figure for more realistic figures such as artist's models. VickyPT has a great "heavy" morph which is more subtle compared to the weight morphs of other figures. To make VickyPT more mature you can use the V2 breast morphs dialed negative and narrow the waist and expand the hips.

I don't think there is a single figure solution. You just have to buy all the figures you can afford and see how you use them. None of the major figures are truly flawed... it is just a matter of taste. I do just feel all the figures are weak when it comes to facial expressions compared to the prop heads like Eszter and the ones by Neftis. I find myself tweeking the expressions on my renders using the Liquid tool in Photoshop which I think is a pretty strange way to have to go about it.