Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help me understand why people say V3 is better than v4?

tebop opened this issue on Nov 15, 2007 · 27 posts

Tiari posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 6:13 PM

Hmmm, better? Worse?   I've had a crack at the V3 V4 issue before.  I'm sure by someone I'll get trumped for my opinion, but I know both figures pretty well, here's my take.

V3 always looks like V3 mostly because i think, in general, there was so much "free stuff" out for her, facial morphs and packs, everyone used them instead of spinning dials/adding injections of their own.  So after a while, they do all look the same.   We know what "the same" means by this point, way pinched unrealistic nose, and the mojombu huge -yes i've had lip injections at the plastic surgeon- look.

However, take V3, and her whole injection pack, and if its actually used, you can get some "serious" faces going on.  I have a gallery full of V3.... yet, don't have a problem with "the same face" over and over.

Keep in mind too, a lot of V3 renders i've seen (mostly beginners, but there's a LOT of them mind you), have either the default face, or they injected one thing, and one thing only.  The trick is investing the time to make something creatively different.

Now, on to V4.  I've had V4 since she came out, and I've managed to get one decent peice of art using her, and thats with a huge amount of effort and a helluva lot of tweaking and airbrushing over in photoshop.   Trust me, my inability to work with her has nothing to do with lack of time invested in using her.  There's been darn good money paid on her, so I have, and am still, investing time trying to ferret out her secrets.  So far?  not many.

V4's body is an improvement by a longshot, that I agree, however, it feels very "jessi-esque" to me.  I've compared the two bodies side by side, and it does seem remarkably simillar with the exception Jessi has more musculature to her.  A lot of time has to be used to get out the -i'm anorexic- stomach indent under the ribs and making it flesh out without a huge side ripple like the love handles from hades, but it can be done.  Again, a lot of time has to be given to sizing and resizing feet and hands, which seem disproportionate (i.e. drag queen feet) LOL.

For those who care about them the greatest deal, ha, the breasts are an enormous improvement (no pun intended here!).   The dials get much better realism with way less work to get a natural uplifted or, drooping breast.

Her face leaves a lot to be desired.  people will argue this i'm sure, but still, i understand what "asian"means in a dial, i dont understand what "monique" means in a dial.  I'm guessing its "french"..... although none of the character morphs conform to any ethincity I'm accutely aware of LOL.  You can, with work get a good face on her, but.... like v3, v4 holds the "it looks like v4" issue.  I think all the mil figures do actually, with a few exceptions.

To me its not better or worse, but which is more useable.  To me, thats still V3, its much more versatile to me.