Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why haven't we seen at least Shows in tv made with Poser?

tebop opened this issue on Nov 15, 2007 ยท 30 posts

Dale B posted Sat, 17 November 2007 at 5:37 AM

OUchie..... Poser animators have been asking for weightmapping for years to enable stepping up a notch. If P7Pro's network renderer plays nicely with other background renderers like Vue's, PI's, AE Pro, etc, then it will be one step closer to being capable of use in more professional settings. But it is going to be up to the actual animators to make sure that Poser's owners know how it works, and if it works that we are happy with it....and that weightmaps and sub-D would be -reaaaaal- nice additions (although that -might- be one of the reasons they have dragged on weightmaps; who's format do you use, or do you build your own? And does that format lock you out of the current level of interaction you have with other packages?). And I hear you, Tim, as I'm in the early stages of my own little project (scripting and hacking said lovely script to pieces to kill the dross, deadwood, and really cool visuals that would take a one man band eternity to put together). If Pro's network rendering is stable and plays nice, that would be the potential to parallel render a scene is Poser and a scene in Vue Infinite (at least after I upgrade the main box to handle what would have to be an insane memory load....). Frankly, I think what it will take is someone pulling off a short, and being able to say they animated/rendered it with Poser, and none of the visual cues that betray poserness are there...