Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: e frontier America Products Acquired by Smith Micro

clsteve opened this issue on Nov 15, 2007 · 354 posts

Conniekat8 posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 2:07 PM

Quote - Thank you for answering my questions.  As for me,  I believe the material room is the key to any future success of Poser. 

You know, that's a good point. After playing with Genetica, and demoing filter forge right now, I really found myself wishing to see a more user friendy version of Poser's material room.
As baggindbill demonstrated, it has the power comarable to either one of the two texture making software I just mentioned, but it's suffering from lack of user friendliness and lack of ability to have more immediate visual resulta (intermediate, and final)
I think this is especially usefut to us artsy types whom often arrive to slick effects by experimenting and trial and error or other seredipituous ways, rather then deliberate numerical input.

Heck, with me being an engineer, and having the math background to sit down and figure out the numerics, when I'm doing artsy things, dealing with the nuts and bolts of numerics is the last thing I want to do.

Anyway, a short way of saying it would be, I agree with patorak, the material room could really use a facelift!!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support