Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Version 1.8 - Whats Up With That

3Dillusions opened this issue on Nov 05, 2007 · 39 posts

AnnieD posted Fri, 23 November 2007 at 3:23 PM

Lol...right after i posted my DS crashed..  but it was because of a free light set I got the other day...and decided to try out.   I don't know what was wrong with it but I just deleted the whole set and went on.
I've been on the net since '95 and learned a lot the hard way.  :)
The speed has never bothered me because when I'm working... I don't run anything on my pc that isn't absolutely necessary.  No background themes..absolutely no McAffe or Norton stuff..nothing that loads on startup except my Defender Pro firewall and my free AVG antivirus.  I tried several antivirus progs and they all used resources i  didn't want to give up..even the pay version of AVG.
I don't even use desktop images when I'm working in DS or Bryce....I just turn everything off that uses my resources so I can have it for my prog. I'm working in.  and I never keep a screensaver on because even when you aren't seeing it..it's running in the background.  

When I work in Dreamweaver I'm usually working back and forth in Paint Shop Pro at the same time and I never have a problem there either..and in Bryce i sometimes am also using DS.

Maybe by the time they stop supporting XP all of our progs will be compatible with it.. :D

Anyway.. I'm glad you got something going. :D
Good luck!

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]