Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Animation presets?

Darcal opened this issue on Nov 16, 2007 · 10 posts

mullman posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 10:14 PM

Good for you on getting Poser. I’ve been thinking about getting it, but I have over a half dozen programs now that I am still learning, so I think I’ll perfect working with what I have already. I bought Bryce six months ago and have only done a handful of renders with it yet.

I got to thinking after my last post that I hope you weren’t trying to do an animation with a bunch of frames. One of the things that I haven’t been liking about the animations I have been finding is that they use a ton of them…that and the fact that they don’t loop. Loop animations are a good way to get a movie of infinite length with only a few seconds of animation.

This is just my opinion and I am still quite new at this, but I find it daunting the number of total frames some of these sets come with. In my own efforts I have gotten decent animations without using hundreds of frames and I am quite pleased with the results.

The other thing I noticed is that most animators seem to like 30 fps. I have found that 15 fps works pretty well and it’s a lot easier to render a 10 sec animation with 150 frames than one with 300 frames. You can’t really go any lower than that however, or it starts looking bad.

One other thing, on higher quality renders, I sometimes set things up before I go to bed and let it run while I sleep. I also go into my task manager and shut down none essential programs to free up memory. Be careful if you are not used to this or you can turn off something essential. If nothing else definitely, turn off all running programs and screen savers, all of which can slow things down.