Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Junk flooding the Renderosity market

chris1972 opened this issue on Dec 01, 2007 · 13 posts

Acadia posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 8:55 AM

I agree with you completely.  There seems to be no "quality control" here when it comes to the MP and that so long as you have the proper documentation to set up a store that anyone and their mother can start selling.

It seems that more people are getting into Poser in order to start up a "business" to make some extra cash for themselves. I've seen many posts here and at other sites where the person has only had the program for a few months and are already asking questions about how to set up a store.

If you look at sites such as RNDA, Poser Pros, Daz, Content Paradise and even 3D Commune, the quality of items is consistent because they appear to have quality control in place to ensure that they are selling top quality products; not just products that are in the proper runtime structure with a readme that is in order.

I made a post in the last few months about how so many character packages these days look like  they have plastic skin or the clothing texture is made from smooth paper.

From what I can see there looks like there is over 2000 vendors at this site. How can any one vendor compete in that? The reality is that they can't. I know when I shop I tend to buy from the same vendors each time because I know the items that they produce to sell are top quality.  An MP is not the place to allow people to practice and  "hone their skills;" that's what the freebie sections are for.

I've also heard a rumour that there have been some revisions to the clearance section and that vendors can now opt out of their products going into clearance. However, if they opt out and their products don't sell within a 3 month period the item is booted from the store.

Like I said, it's just a rumour I heard, maybe a store admin can confirm that?  

If  that change is true it would be good customer service to announce the change in the  news letter.

Currently many are pushed to buying  something in their wishlist when they see the item gone into clearance and know that they may soon not be able to buy it because it will be leaving the store. If they don't know about the change, one day they will look in their wishlist and the item will just be gone.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi