Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anton's Changing Fantasy Suit for Victoria -- please help me

InBlack opened this issue on Jun 05, 2001 ยท 51 posts

fiontar posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 11:16 PM

I want to acknowledge upfront that this image is NOT what you would expect "out of the box" in Poser. It's a Bryce render and has taken a lot of tweaking for many of the elements. I'm not finished yet and still have a bit of work to get what I'm looking for. However, it does show what is possible with the VCFS when some work is put into it. I haven't had any more trouble with this item than any other clothing for Poser. I chose a non-default body type and we all should know by now that with Poser clothing, anything other than a default body is going to require some work to fit properly. Please read the instructions that came with the product. Anton gives very easy and complete instructions on getting the boots to work correctly. Vicky does not come with her feet in the proper position for heeled boots. Since the adjustments Anton details work well and provide excellent results, I don't understand what the problem is. My last project was rendered from just below the knees and up because I could not find footware that had the look I wanted and actually worked on the figure in different poses. For me, the boots are one of the best features and I can see myself using just the boots with other outfits in the future. I think it has been worth the effort to take the steps outlined in the readme. :-) Has it been trouble free? No. My character's body combines the teen and faerie body morphs, which required some patient work with magnets to get the proper fit. However, I played around with the VCFS on the default V2 body and it required very little tweaking, no more than most other poser clothing. This is a limitation of Poser more than the clothing itself... I have a few gripes that apply to most clothing items available for sale. Knowing the fit limitations of poser clothing, I wish that the creators would build more morphs into the items designed to allow for better fitting to non-default figures with out magnets. This seems to be getting through, but we still aren't there yet. Cost? Yes, I found it expensive. However, it has allowed me to get the look I wanted with a lot less effort than my last project, where I had to improvise the outfit and utilize layer compositing in PSP to get the end result. The VCFS has made my current project a lot easier. I can change poses more easily with out having to re-tweak everything. There are so many texture combinations with the first, optional texture set by Symphony, combined with all the selectable variations for each part of the suit, that I know I will be able to get a lot of use out of it for future projects. I wish it and the optional textures were each $10 cheaper, but it's been the best purchase I've made, next to Vicky 2.0 I've experienced a lot of buyers remorse with other Poser products, but this isn't one of them. And no, I don't work for DAZ and Anton didn't pay me to say all this! :-)