Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Need a pyhton script

EL-Aiko opened this issue on Dec 06, 2007 · 31 posts

markschum posted Mon, 10 December 2007 at 10:56 AM

The script was written for Poser 7 and tested in Poser 5 as well.    The script attempts to write the files on drive C:   in the folder Temp .   This is in the readme file included in the zip.  I thought that was a standard windows folder for temporary files , but it might just be my system .   The output window does tend to flash a bit while the script runs .

You can either create the folder  c:Temp  or change the script to use another folder .  Just change the folder and drive inside the quotes on this line :

myfile = r"C:tempFile-" + actor.Name() + r".obj"  

** there should be some slashes in the line above too  - after c: and before File ***

dont change anything else except the c:temp part  

I saw something about full body morphs within the last couple of weeks in this forum .  

The script for exporting parts is now up on sharecg 

http://www.sharecg.com/v/20288/script/Poser-python-script---export-parts

The export turned out to be easier than I thought , but gee, Poser does some odd things ! , but the import as morphs isnt as simple. If I manage to get someth8ing working It would need to be a commercial product because of the time involved . I suggest having a look at Philc toolbox and see if that does everything you need .