Forum: Photography

Subject: For all those who think digital is better than 35mm

bsteph2069 opened this issue on Jun 05, 2001 ยท 13 posts

RJH posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 8:23 AM

I agree with you Alpha. The shot I posted was taken with a 2 year old digital camera. And as you know with digital anything two years old is a antique(spelling?)The point I was trying to make is that you can not knock one or the other for specfic features as if your pockets are deep enough you can get either to do the job. I think that it is a matter of what you need the camera to do or what you are doing with it that would determine which one to use. I personally have both and use both but it is my digital that I use the most as I can take a shot then try changing the setting and take the shot again. This allows me to see the difference the different settings make right away. I personally have learned more about fstops and shutter speeds from my digital because I can play around with the settings and not worry about the cost. I guess it will allways be a debate just like when the point and shoot 35 mm came out,which was better a slr or point an shoot. It all boils down to what you want the camera to do.