Forum: Photography

Subject: For all those who think digital is better than 35mm

bsteph2069 opened this issue on Jun 05, 2001 ยท 13 posts

JordyArt posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:02 PM

I'll be honest, when I go on about f-stops etc, I'm sort of pulling peoples legs a bit. I know if I bother to actually look at my slr or read a decent book on them I'll pick it up pretty quick - I just seem to have a knack like that. Even with a digital I only take 1 or 2 pics of a subject - as we've mentioned in a previous thread, even digital cameras have memory limitations. Like my original comment says, I'm too impatient to wait and too skint to spend loads on preocessing! As my final thought (Jerry Springer Style!) even with the 1.3 million pixel digi I use and the 2800 dpi printer, using a good quality paper on a high quality print setting actually gives pretty good results - no, nowhere as crisp as film + paper, but even a 6 million pixel camera will resolve that problem to a great extent. When I show my pictures at work (there's actually quite an interest now!) no-one notices the quality of the picture - they're all looking at the subject. I guess knowledge of a subject makes you TOO critical of your own work at times! Thanx. (",)