Forum: Blender

Subject: morphs for Poser: how to retain obj groups?

kobaltkween opened this issue on Dec 16, 2007 · 30 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 17 December 2007 at 10:04 AM

from said thread:  "If you examin the translate and scale channels in Victoria 3's eyes you will see that they are slaved to morph (targetGeom) channels in the head, so that when a morph in the head moves the eye sockets the eyes automaticly translate and scale to match."

"If you study Aiko's Cr2, you will see how her Realstic head dial automatically dials the eyes to match, so you don't need to select each eye and dial Realistic."

if V4's eyes were actually just moveable, it wouldn't be an issue.  and the built-in morphs do morph the eye with the morph.  but with translation and scale dials locked away...  i don't see how i could get the eyes to change position or scale without an appropriate morph or a cr2 edit.  which is much more problematic for anyone else to use than morphed eyes, since you can't distribute it.  if it's just for me, heck, i'll morph eyes (and everything else) to fit the picture i'm working on or  postwork the eyes altogether.  or both.

and reading the adorana eyes thread, why wouldn't it just work to conform or parent the new eyes to the old ones if no new morphs were in play, and all that's changing is translation and scale?  it seems like overkill and copyright infringement to duplicate a slaving function that's already present in an existing body part.

besides which, i just might one day want to morph more than just the head...