Forum: Blender

Subject: morphs for Poser: how to retain obj groups?

kobaltkween opened this issue on Dec 16, 2007 · 30 posts

kobaltkween posted Mon, 17 December 2007 at 8:07 PM

i have no problem with editing the CR2.  that's not the issue.  the issue is that's a me-only solution.  i can't even share work with a partner that way (not conveniently at least).  knowing about the cr2 structure isn't going to cause DAZ to allow distribution of Vicky .cr2s.  unless i've missed something and they do now?   maybe i'm mistaken, because i know that both Capsces and Posermatic need to distribute .cr2's. though Beth's products have a DAZ installer.  my understanding was that it isn't allowed.  and since i am sharing work with a partner, i really don't see a better way of handling it invisibly. 

but that's moot.

it's not helping me for you to fight me on this.  at some point very soon I'm going to want to make full body morphs, so getting all stuck on educating me on how non-spherical objects change their profile as they rotate, or about object centers in Poser, isn't at all beneficial or necessary.  heck, it would be best to be able to do neck morphs, too.  at some point i'd like to do some specific african morphs, and overall head shape will be very key.

i'm not at my 3d machine now, so i can't say all the permutations i've been through.  i've had no trouble with reordered vertices, but all the options for groups/objects/materials into and out of Blender have still left me with no groups.  at least none Poser can recognize.  i've tried this without changing the mesh in Blender, just import and export, and .objs exported from Poser and loaded directly from the runtime (just to test).  my partner seems to be having no problems doing this in Lightwave, but if Blender needs a 3rd party app just to retain or create grouping, i guess i can live with it.  wouldn't that mean one could never make a figure for Poser in Blender though?  that just seems wrong.