Forum: Vue

Subject: Sneak Peek at GridModeler™

chippwalters opened this issue on Nov 11, 2007 · 60 posts

chippwalters posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 6:25 PM

Quote - Thanks Chipp.  could you post the steps that you did to get those 2 results and i can play around with them  a little more to see what i get.

The first image is just two different layers each with it's own transparency setting. The bottom image is the GridModeler Front_Hypertexture_Parametric object with a transparency map added to the base material layer. But, as I said, neither will do what you want.

Quote - the top part of the image is what i am going for.  the corner effect but i want it on all 4 corners.  I am using the settings in the 2nd part of the image which is mapping to only 1 edge of a cube.  in order to make it appear on all sides i have to create about 8 of those to get them ovn each side.  I tried having it mapped where the trans texture i was using was maped to both sides (3rd image) but when i resized the cube it made it not look right.  Too much stretching.  My question is can i get that effect with the Grid modeler and if yes then how can i get it done properly.

Off the top of my head, I can't easily see how to do this. Perhaps you could try setting the mapping mode to either faces or cylindrical.