Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Order#: 111325424 has strange effect on my new Vista computer

mglant opened this issue on Dec 17, 2007 · 6 posts

mglant posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 6:57 PM

I did an internet search that noted some posts that this 'Rundll32.exe' sudden shutdown was associated with a Nero driver.  It advised that you rename a file. This was the case on my system and I did that.  But this persisted.  Then I even uninstalled Nero completely.  This did not stop it.  I spent $30 on Registry Booster 2 that proports to address this issue.  It did improve my systems speeed and boot time, but still failing until I realized that this was happening because it was being saved to the directory that was used when the problem started "VueDownload2007".  I managed to quickly switch the SAVE directory to another and the problem stopped.  Thus it appears that the last Vue item I saved to that directory initiated the issue and if I try to SAVE to this directory it will force the Rundll32exe to shutdown, preventing any downloading or copying.  This pretty much took up last evening and I was at work today, so I will need to work on this some more.  I just knew I did not want to move beyone XP which runs flawlessly on my dual P4 Dell, but got a new HP Quad processor box and it came with Vista.  No option to switch out for XP, which I would have done had that option existed. 

My last order that you reset the Adrianne character in has a Vue object which would have been the file that I downloaded when this problem with Rundll32exe started.  I do not think it was the file per se.  I downloaded it on my other computer and it seemed fine, so I am a bit baffled.   I did not know if this might be some type of security related situation.

Thanks,
Mick