Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Works is having a Sale!!

Acadia opened this issue on Dec 22, 2007 · 15 posts

msorrels posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 4:54 PM

Most Poser marketplaces have near standard terms which allow you to use your renders (single image or a sequence) just about however you want.  But CP allows every vendor to have their own EULA.  To be honest I see them as the bad guy here, they should have not allowed a vendor in their marketplace with such out of norm terms.

On the other hand I'm not even 100% sure what that section 5 really means.  I'm pretty sure it was written a long time ago.  When things like "broadcast publication" meant one thing.  I don't think it means that any more.  and the bit on the end of the sentence on various media "commercial or retail distribution" could mean just about anything really.  I doubt a lawyer wrote that.  I wish they would spell out exactly what they mean rather than have something so vague it could mean anything and tack on to that a fishing for more cash clause.

I'm lucky I only have one item from them.  When CP first opened they sold the Poserworks giant spaceship for $1.99.  It was the first and only Poserworks product I've bought.

The really funny part is their license is very limited but their prices are actually well above norm.  You would think that given how limited their products usage is they could sell it for a lower rate, but instead they have gone the other way.

-Matt