Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anything after P4

ming opened this issue on Dec 23, 2007 · 90 posts

Stepdad posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 3:40 AM

Quote - The only software that "sux" more than P7 is...P6, P5, PPP, P4....
Whoever designed that whole node system was on acid, but it's still better than anything P4 had to offer.
As Poser evolves, each version sux a little less than the prior version.
One day, you may become a real program, Posernocchio....

It's all about what works for your application and budget I suppose.  Sure, 3ds max will do things that poser can't even dream of - but then again I can't really afford a copy of 3ds max for home use nor justify the price of it when it comes to what I do with a 3d rendering program in my off hours.

So it's all about bang for your buck - I'm not saying poser is the end all be all of 3d rendering software, but it is moderately priced and for that moderate price you get a decent amount of power and ease of use.

Whatever your prefered software application might be I'm sure it suits your needs and you must like it or you wouldn't still be using it, but just because an application might work great for you doesn't necessarily mean that it works great for everyone else.

Case in point, as a single guy I loved my classic american muscle car, the 69 mustang.  Put a lot of time, energy, effort and money into that car in the years that I owned it.  Worked great for me back then, because it did what I needed it to do and it was fun to drive.

Nowadays I drive a Nissan Pathfinder.  Why?  Because I have a family of 5 and that old muscle car just doesn't fit the bill anymore.  I can pack my entire family into the pathfinder and we can all go to the movies together, instead of taking seperate cars.  I have 4wd so when winter hits I can climb the steep hill on which my house resides with relative ease, rather than parking down at the bottom and walking up.  The Nissan just fits my application better.

But I would never say that anyone driving a 69 mustang or other old muscle car is an idiot for not buying a Nissan Pathfinder instead.  That would be silly.  It's all about what works for their application and personal preference.  Just something you might want to consider in future responses.

Stepdad