Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Apparent Age, The Science of Facial Beauty, and "Babyfacedness"

wikman opened this issue on Dec 29, 2007 · 78 posts

jjroland posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 1:40 PM

Sometimes Im amazed at internet forum interpretations.  I read the OP, and completely understood it.    It's a pretty interesting topic actually and as far as I can see it has nothing at all to do with whether or not said image was allowed at rendo, or CP.
It's about what makes beauty and how to aspire to that within the realm of acceptable age appearance.

Im about to be 32 years old.  I still have to carry my ID everywhere because I will always get carded for anything that requires me to be over 18.  My 14 year old daughter is darn near my twin.  The OP was correct, my hips/waist ration is the only thing that truly distinguishes me from her.  And even that is not an extremely clear line, I can say most definately I could not post a digital nude ME here.  (not that I would want to : p)

I can see why they err on the side of caution.  Some/most people (some exibited even in this thread) seem to take an extremely puritanical stand point on the topic.  I too now post my images mainly elsewhere.   I simply don't have the desire to limit my art based on what someone else sees in it.  I know what it is - I also know that Im a good decent person simply in the pursuit of expression.

Here's a suggestion though, if you want extremely childlike features which will be acceptable here - just give the large eyes an EXTREME almost alien like slant and it will get through =D

I am:  aka Velocity3d