Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Apparent Age, The Science of Facial Beauty, and "Babyfacedness"

wikman opened this issue on Dec 29, 2007 · 78 posts

Conniekat8 posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 1:55 PM

Quote - I have just checked age of consent the best I can for the web and most US states say sex between an adult and a child of 16 years old is "unfettered" while some states have consent at 13 years old with  the older person less then three or four years older then the child. However, in the media abroad it is depicted that Mormons are not prevented from "marrying" 14 year old children to adult men although the Irish Traveler practice of "marrying" 11 year old girls to adult men is not accepted.

Case remains, if sex between an adult and a sixteen year old is legal why is the depiction of an imaginary seveteen year old nude but not engaged in sex proscribed? Is eighteen years old nude acceptable for an image or is it 19 or what?

What are the actual US Laws pertaining to Poser Renders?

Is there a distinction made in  US laws on images between nude images and sexual images?

You're going to need a lawyer to answer the questions you have.

However, you need to be aware that Renderosity has the right to set their own standards of what's acceptable, as long as they are more restrictive then the laws.

General discussions about US laws on the topic really don't belong in Renderosity's forums.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support