Forum: Bryce

Subject: Need to move on... To a different 3D Software for Modeling any suggestions?

Vile opened this issue on Jan 01, 2008 ยท 39 posts

pakled posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 7:03 AM

correction - I mix and match for things that I want to do. As far as Blender is concerned, I use it for the discombobulator tool, and sometimes the meta-shapes. That's about all I know; the interface must have been designed by the IRS (Inland Revenue to you UK types...;) I mainly do things in Wings (sometimes Topmod, which is not a great modeler, but can do some 'mathematical' things, and is free as well. I appreciate the vote of confidence, Danamo..;)

Metaseqouia does have a free version, though it's a little long in the tooth (not that that matters). The more recent version is only sold in Japan, to people who live there (go figure). I've played with it, it's ok, I s'pose.

I started with Amapi before I started with Wings (and after STrata, but that's another story..;) The only thing that bugged me about Amapi is the 'commands' seemed to run until you could duck into another check box. Still, it was fairly powerful.

I tried Truespace, the interface was designed by Qbert, or possibly the Maj Johnng committee..;) It can do some fairly respectable things, but I have the patience of a gnat, so I never mastered it..;)

I've heard Silo is good, and something else called Messiah, but I'm too broke to afford them..;)

Good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)