Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Winter Clothing for Poser Characters

ebrochure opened this issue on Dec 19, 2007 · 76 posts

ebrochure posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:09 PM

OK...you asked for it. :-)

Here's (what i think) are some great product suggestions. If i was a better artist, i'd do them myself.

Idea #1 -- take the most popular outside building and street products and create a MAT for winter, snowing, raining, daytime, sunset & night-time.

Idea #2 -- if feasible, create a series of outdoor backgrounds like residential neighborhoods or a downtown skyscrapers & buildings where it is winter, snowing, raining, storming, daytime, sunset and nighttime with or with a moon. this would be used as a background for a Poser render.

Idea #3 -- 2D crowd mats that can place realistic looking Poser men and women and children and cars, buses, trucks, etc as a background for a Poser render

Idea #4 -- 2D people inside of Poser scenes, sitting at a table in a restaurant, or train station, or night club or bar. I'm not sure how this could be done, perhaps as a MAT where the artist took the "Stylish Lounge" by ratracer and created a MAT where people or couples were sitting at the tables and booths AS a  background 

OR

some low-res 3D characters that could be added to a scene already posed in sitting, standing or walking positions with smart-propped drink glasses or cell phones so they could easily be added to ANY scene. 

I realize this sounds lazy :-) but there are many times when you don't want to spend a lot of time creating realistic backgrounds, you just want to deal with the main character(s) in a scene OR maybe you're doing an animation and God knows that takes enough time without spending days on creating a background.

Here are the scenes I'd like to see more details on the inside and/or the outside:

In Renderosity Marketplace

1 -- Architectural Staircase and Building (ratracer)
2 - City Building (Poser 5) (ratracer)
3 - RoC: Diner
4 - Cafe Classique
5 - Celeste's Diner
6 - INTENSIVE CARE UNIT  (add doctors & nurses to background)
7 - Dove Valley
8 - Backstreet
9 - The Bar

DAZ3D

The Backstreets
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4627&cat=31

If no one is interested, maybe, I'll tackle these products myself and see what happens....