Forum: Vue

Subject: Vue 6 - Satisfaction - Informal Poll

dstephany opened this issue on Jan 04, 2008 · 43 posts

silverblade33 posted Tue, 08 January 2008 at 5:42 AM

Dstephany,
yes, it saves a fair bit of resources if saved as a vob, and a LOT of resources if you optimize the figure :)

I replace some materials with metal mats or texture based mats of my own...sicne many poser materials are 2000 or so in size replacing the brass/iron on a sword with a 512x512 or procedural one helps a ton :p

Sorry to bang my commercial drum :D by that's why I made fair number of these mats:
http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=4011
but you can  make your own "Poser to Vue" mat collection to do the same.

Also, using the resized copies of originals helps a ton, as written above, depenfing on what's needed. For example, elaborate costumes are best to jsut be rescaled down, but basic stuff liek leather on boots, steel weapons etc an be replaced by Vue mats.

Also, Poser imports come in witht he highlights all wrong! they have black highlights etc. watch for that.

Trepz,,
do as I said mate, it works :)

SO my drive looks somehting like:
Poser AIko
Poser David
Poser General Props
Poser Scenes
Poser Vehicles
Poser Mike 1

etc
I save each item, with a web page or image of it, so I know WTF it is, lol, in the approproriate folder, then, install into that folder (it should make a Runtime)
For items useable by severla characters, say a hair useable by all the females, best to copy and install it in all appropriate ones.

Then with Poser6, I just search for each runtime and add them, thus, I have everything nice and neatly seperated! I thus cannot load costumes for Vick4 that are only for Vicky 1 etc by accident.
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!