Forum: Community Center

Subject: OT-For those in the US and Canada

Jumpstartme2 opened this issue on Jan 07, 2008 · 17 posts

Jumpstartme2 posted Tue, 08 January 2008 at 10:06 PM

Excuse me MGD, I didn't place the word cord in there the second time...... and never did I mention it needed a telephone land line connected to/through a phone company, in order to work...sorry if I mis-explained that.

I posted this, so anyone that wasn't aware of a new VOIP alternative to high phone bills could be informed that it was out there.

What I found most impressive was the 'money you can save' over a traditional land line/VOIP/Cell phone bill. {as in "Monthly phone bills"} and the adaptability of the device itself.

$20.00 per year, {not per month} Unlimited calling anywhere, anytime, Portability, {jack fits in your palm, and can be used almost anywhere} Not glued to your PC, you can use your 'exsisting' home phone, 'or'  use your PC/laptop with headset, Great sound quality, free voicemail/call waiting/free phone number.

You pay 1 fee..thats for the jack and the shipping..thats it. $20.00 per year thereafter.

I dont mind comparisons....I have one or two..since I have used Skype and Vonage. Whatever works for others is fine by me...I just thought Id throw out a new alternative thats been tested.

==================================
Vonage: What you need, and what you pay:{Basic Plan}

$24.99/month†

{†Rates exclude: broadband service, regulatory and activation fees and certain other charges, equipment, taxes, and shipping.}

Additional calling charges may apply on Basic Plans. International calls billed per minute.

High Speed Internet or Broadband Required

Lynksys Router {which is the 'equipment'/adapter}

Ethernet {They claimed USB would work, but it didn't work for my setup for some reason, may work for others}

Download/Install the Software

Separate charges for incoming and outgoing calls via phone/pc {SkypeOut calls to US or Canadian phones are billed at the standard SkypeOut rate which includes a per-minute charge of 2.1 US cents or 2.4 CAN cents and a connection fee of 3.9 US cents per call} {SkypeIn $18 for 3 months or $60 for a full year}

Skype PC to PC calls free.

You’ll need Skype Credit or Skype Pro™ to make calls to phones and mobiles. {Skype Credit starts from just $10 and you can make calls from just 2.1¢ per minute.} {Skype Pro – just $3 a month

Charged per minute rates

Accessories: Hand Held device or headset available for additional charge, if you want to move away from your PC

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------