Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Cool old Poser freebies (probably mostly gone)

gagnonrich opened this issue on Jan 11, 2008 · 49 posts

gagnonrich posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 11:09 PM

The readme for SAFS2 lists this website
www.pygott.demon.co.uk/hash.htm
I haven't tried the above address to see if it's still active.

The brass bed was by PhilC.

Acadia is right that the bluejay is from Ken Gilliand. It's based on the cardinal model by Chris Johnson instead of the Songbird and copyrighted 1999, so that makes it nearly a decade old.

BluEcho is right about the Kozaburo hair.

The centaur was from Nerd and uses the P4 Female figure. Nerd's site is still around (not  mentioned in the readme) but there's a chance the figure still is still available.

Everybody should feel free to post some classics from their runtimes. I was lucky enough to get into Poser with version 4, but I probably missed out on a lot of downloads for the earlier version. Then again, there may not have been too much readily available since the internet was only starting to get into public usage a decade ago. It's amazing how something can become so widespread in that short a time.

Some of the readmes have email addresses, but I'm not sure if they're okay to post in this forum. Who knows if the email addresses are still the same. I'd imagine that the majority of people no longer have the same email address they had a decade ago. With SAFS2, the email address uses the same domain. 

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon