Forum: Freestuff

Subject: ShareCG Cancels Revenue Payments

Acadia opened this issue on Jan 04, 2008 · 42 posts

Stepdad posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 3:17 AM

Quote - Under normal circumstances a rating system works - more or less. If money is involved, people becomes "creative" to get better ratings.
A jury may be a way to go. Maybe with monthly changing members. Or a combination of both, a jury and a public voting system.

Anyway. It's a pity but I think ShareCG is going to be dead. I'll create my own site, because traffic isn't an issue anymore.

Sadly I'd have to agree, it's probably only a matter of time really before sharecg dies.  They can't survive without revenue sharing, not at this point, and they can't manage revenue sharing properly because there admins simply aren't willing to put forth the effort it takes to do so, and as a result I think sharecg isn't going to last long one way or the other.

Even now new uploads have slowed to a crawl with everyone waiting to find out what is going to be done next, and there hasn't been a peep out of the admins on the subject since they announced they were stopping the revenue sharing, other than a couple of quick posts here and there asking for ideas and then saying they weren't going to get involved in the discussion, which quite frankly is ludicrous at best.

Nope, I don't imagine sharecg will last too much longer, it simply doesn't appear to be their companies highest priority by a long shot, and it would take a lot more time and effort to make something like that work than it seems the admins are willing to invest.