Forum: Photography

Subject: January Forum Challenge Black and White/ Monochrome

bclaytonphoto opened this issue on Dec 30, 2007 · 109 posts

auntietk posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 3:22 PM

Wow - this is some great stuff, you guys!  I've been really busy the past couple of weeks, and just now had time to check in.  Guess I'd better get busy!  Dang.  I'll have to read more of my camera manual and see if I can take shots in b&w.  If not, I'll convert some color shots.

Looking at everything up to this point, I'm struck by the variety, and by my obvious preferences.  I realize I tend to think of good subject matter for b&w shots in a certain way ... something I'd not thought of before!  (You're all  SO good for me!  You expand my mind.)  The things I like in b&w tend to be the kinds of things I shoot anyway.  Duh!  Well, I'm still on a pretty steep learning curve, and sometimes the most obvious things just haven't crossed my mind yet!  LOL!

Oliver's fan, Andrea's studio setup, Val's strange place, Elizabeth's hibiscus, and Kort's wheels all jump out and grab my attention.  Of course it's all just artistic preference, but hey ... there's mine!  :)

I'm looking forward to having a bit more time now, and getting into this challenge.  Great idea!  It's got my mind going already.

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa