Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - now this is interesting -- paper-thin (almost) new Apple laptop --

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Jan 15, 2008 · 25 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 5:50 PM

Quote -
Gotta love Jobs telling people what they need or don't need, rather than letting the consumer tell Apple.  There's a reason there are far more PCs being used, this is one of them.

Downloading content is terrific, but people like to store files and play content from DVDs.  Maybe they want to rent from Blockbuster rather than purchase from Apple.

The product looks good as an on the road computer, but it will be a very pricey option.

Jobs has always told apple users what they need or don't need.  And he doesn't really care what the customer wants.  If he did, we would have the option of a 12" MacBookPro, a MiniTower, and decent video cards for all of our Macs.

This product was not designed to be someone's primary computer.  It was designed for people who already own a desktop & want a light portable.

Yeah, it is expensive, but look at the engineering that when into this puppy.  A specially shrunk CPU, and all of the other reduced size goodies add up.

If I had bought a MacPro last year instead of my MacBookPro, this would be my laptop of choice.  I suspect I will not be alone in this.  I know that when I replace my laptop, I'll be getting one of these.