Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - now this is interesting -- paper-thin (almost) new Apple laptop --

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Jan 15, 2008 ยท 25 posts

mamba-negra posted Thu, 17 January 2008 at 9:11 PM

I have a pretty new macbook, and it's only 1/4 inch larger than the new one, but the edges are the same. It's a nice machine- and I am very happy with it! :)

I have 2 optical drives on my desktop. I've used one of them 2 times. Never even opened the 2nd one. OK, that's not true, I forgot that I ripped a bunch of CDs....so, there is still a use for CD and DVD drives, but not much. Once I've finished that task, I have no use for them at all. My laptop DVD drive was used when the IT people installed windows for parallels (another useless thing:P )

The Mac isn't likely to be betamax any time soon. At my university, as I walked past the medical library to go home, I saw 5 laptops. All were macbooks. I read somewhere that over 50% of students at major universities use mac. Those people will be taking their preferences with them when they graduate.

I am a C++ developer who started writing windows software. I now only use windows when I have to struggle to get my standards compliant source to compile on microsoft's highly outdated compiler.

OS X isn't perfect, but I spend 0 time hassling with settings.

Jobs knows what he's doing.