Forum: Bryce

Subject: a horrendously gigantic impossible wish....

erosiaart opened this issue on Jan 09, 2008 · 48 posts

bobbystahr posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 3:15 AM

@silverblade33...My Dad came from a long line of Prince's Street Tailors in Edinburgh, but due to mustard gas in WW1 his vision required glasses, decreasing his worth as a hand sewing tailor [no machines in their shop]. So he stayed in the Army, went to Egypt where his first wife died of T B,[all too common then], and as he had lost a lung to shrapnel at the very end of the war, could vo longer live on The Island, was told his best choices within the Commonwealth were Australia in the dry outback or the Canadian prairies so he got here just in time for the depression. Fortunately had picked up the ventriloquist's art somewhere along the way, he never did say, and fell in with a band of, for all intents and purposes, hobos, and they formed the Dixie Minstral Show Band and performed in Minstral Blackface for most of the depression going from gig to gig by freight train.....Vaudeville is what's in my blood...LOL...as well as hand tailoring...For a decade I did high quality hand sewn leather every and any thing custom. I got the music in my soul from the Pentecostal Church Choir I went to from birth until I learned to think for myself, heh heh heh.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again