Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT - now this is interesting -- paper-thin (almost) new Apple laptop --

XENOPHONZ opened this issue on Jan 15, 2008 · 25 posts

Keith posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 12:22 PM

Quote - Hm, I don't look at a products value by watching TV commercials, I look at the product itself. OS X is based on BSD, which is unix....which is pretty geeky. Honestly, from a geek's perspective, OS X is about the best of both worlds. A rich OS environment with a very comfortable UI that actually has major application support.

That's what bugs me about the commercials.  I'm not denying that Apple makes a good computer: people including my sister, who are know and use computers (mostly PCs) everyday, have Apple laptops.  The problem is that they don't advertise that fact very well at all.  Just about their entire selling process is based on looking cool, glitz over substance.

To put it simply, Apple doesn't provide me, a computer-literate heavy user (at both work and play) with any explanation as to why I should switch over beyond "You'll be cool".  If they can't be bothered, I can't be bothered with them.