Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Overloaded scenes -- Do you do this too?

Boni opened this issue on Jan 24, 2008 · 33 posts

silverblade33 posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 12:52 PM

svdl,

sort of same here, thank GOODNESS for 64 bit, only had new PC couple of  weeks, vast improvement :)

What I've done though is optimized the figures before savign as .vobs:

1. use low res versions if possible, Mike 1 low res, vs Mike3 for distant figures if I have suitbale clothes.

2. I have made many mats to stand in for metal, cloth, leather, and got one of D. Burddick's early SSS mats which I sitll use (much thanks!) These save huge resources, see #3

3. Poser testure maps are usually ridiculously too big!!! I go into the texture folder, copy paste in a copy of all large textures. Then, I select the originals, right click and use VSO IMAGE RESIZER, shrink down to about 1000 or so (25% or 50% size)

4. Plug bump into the color, or custom made

5. Fix all the damn highlights which usually defualt to black, ugh!

6. Weld the object up if I wish. If I think I'll alter partsin Vue to vary the pose a little, I won't, I mean move the meshes, not use Poser etc again. e.g. move a hand mesh and hte like. Welding drops resource needs.

7. Delete parts that aren't seen. No need of arms under armour! However, you then cna't show the arm later if you wish to vary it...so it needs to be thought about. I often save unwelded, into my collections, and then weld in the actual scene.

Writing tutorial on this :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!