Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SYLTERMERMAID- Where ?

2be opened this issue on Jan 20, 2008 ยท 99 posts

surreality posted Sun, 27 January 2008 at 9:33 PM

Quote - I'm not sure what your intention was with posting a public dislike for someone or something, but you may be interested in knowing that it only made you look negative, cranky, overly judgemental, and perhaps jealous too.

You know... it may not have been the intention, but I saw this same logic trotted out and aimed at the people who said 'copyright infringement isn't cool' on the image that was very much that. I can't help but find that incredibly disturbing. Taking issue with certain behaviors happens all the time, as does voicing those objections, and I try not to read into it further personally. Personally, I was appalled that people in the gallery comment thread on the image following the removal of the allegedly infringing image that insisted "people are just jealous". Seriously, what on earth... ? How does that logic track at all?! I will be plenty negative here: that behavior was unquestionably disgusting to me; one doesn't excuse one's friends when they do something inappropriate and blame the people who point out what the inappropriate thing is instead. Read the commentary there if you like, though I don't recommend it unless you have a very strong stomach: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1587992&member I may be relating to wholly unconnected things, and if so, my genuine apologies to conniekat -- but this deeply unsettled me when I saw its previous incarnation and the repetition of that pattern is highly alarming.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.