Forum: Vue

Subject: Thanks for all the not art..

chippwalters opened this issue on Feb 07, 2008 · 22 posts

silverblade33 posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 5:04 AM

nod
Currently involved with local art council, hopefully help local artists of all types :)

Digital art allows folk  to undo mistakes easily, and that really helps beginners, plus with 3d renderers, you can make a simple, very pleasing image almost instantly.

This pic, in hindsight, makes me wince, but back then, I loved it, it was kewl! ;)
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/artofadreamer/3d/wizardstowernight.jpg

Anyone who had Bryce and didn't make a chrome sphere of water, missed out much of the fun, hehe

Traditional art is hard for folk to get into because it doesn't give quick gratification, usually takes while to become competant with both the tools, and understanding of art: knowing what you actually  wish to create, hwo to achieve that, how colour/shadow works etc.

Encouraging folk into art is a good thing. Very bad attiude in my area to anything that isn't "booze, violence, football, sectarian hatred". Which I've seen stop friends from doing art or going onto higher education. Pathetic and ugly :(

Art = different strokes for different folks. It's entirely subjective. There is no "Best way" only what "works for you".

Gallery comments should be helpful, if you know a technique to improve an image , or spot a problem, it's good to explain that in a jovial way.
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!